Saturday, January 26, 2013

Friends of Friends on Saturday

  I got such positive response to yesterdays post on my Delaware Wills that I went and looked for more this morning. I came across a couple for North Carolina and decided that would do for today.
Next Friday I will do some more until I exhaust the wills and books that I have here. I have a lot of Delaware books that list slaves in the indexes as well as Maryland will abstracts. Additionally I myself have abstracted three books of Colonial York County VA Court Records that are in print for the years 1720-1729. I was very careful to list all names for this particular reason

Abstracts of Wills and Other Records, Currituck and Dare, North Carolina (1663-1850) compiled by Gordon C. Jones in 1958. From the DAR Library in DC.Found while looking for some NC Carrows.
Spence Chaplain, July 1826 Son Hillary ( 2 negro boys and property in the hands of Mr.Luke Gregory after the decease of his wife) Daughter: Director Chaplain. ( Old black woman Siller freed from control of my son or daughter and that she have 25 acres on the NE side of the plantation   where I now live inclosing the high ground where I formerly have fed hogs and in complying with my will that she devote one half of her time in weighting on my daughter as long as she lives)

In The Name Of God,Amen! Abstracts of Hyde County, North Carolina Wills Probate 1709-1775
 Ellen Louise Amidon Williams 1989.DAR Library same as above.
John Jennett, Planter Hyde County 20 February 1774
Wife Sarah: I give one negro woman Cate which I bought of Joseph Jones, one Negro Man named Toby & one named Cannada.
Son Robert: I give  one negro Man named Peter & one named Jiem,one negro boy Called cuff one negro woman Named Dina , one negro garl(girl) named Bett.
Son John: I give one Negro woman Called Sal & one Negro man called Porter, one boy Sam & one boy Sharper & one called Ishmael.
Daughter Luranah Jennett:  I give one negro man named Isaac & two other negros which I bought of Richard Sylvester one a negro woman called Cate and the other a boy called Lewis.
Daughter Mary Jennett: One negro woman named Tamer, one negro or mustee called tony & one negro boy called Butcher
Daughter Ann Sparrow: I give one negro garl Called Patience together with  shair of land above devised.


No comments:

Post a Comment