Monday, January 6, 2014

Mystery Monday - Where is Curry Rivel ?



Big thanks for solving this mystery goes to the Guild of One-Name folks on Rootsweb, the "go to" people.
When I found this couple Was thoroughly confused .
Whittlesford, Cambridgeshire, England 1633, Nov. 12
William Wrinch of Teversham  Sara Carrow of Teversham sp aged above 22 years 
 at St Edward 
 Surrogate: Robert King ..Curry Rivel Cambridgeshire: - Registers of Marriages, 1558-1813

Was this Cambridge or Somerset this couple lived and married in? Others on the web had been similarly puzzled. What my Guild UK folks let me know was that often Ancestry.com records are mislabeled and categorized. I now know that two distinct families of Carrows are living in  both places at the same time.

Were they connected? Are my family of single or plural origins? That is now my 2014 mystery to solve.




No comments:

Post a Comment